List of Features:
- Print at 25/50/100 or 200 micron layer thicknesses
- Winner of CES 2014 Innovation Award
- Comprehensive customer support
- Includes Form 1+ 3D Printer, Finish Kit, PreForm software, and 1L of Clear Resin
Our Review of the Formlabs Form 1+ Complete Package with Clear Resin:This is a Stereolithography (SLA) 3d printer.
These printers are a smaller group of 3d printers than the FDM 3d Printers. SLA printers use photosensitive liquid resin. This liquid resin is formed into layers.These layers are hardened by exposing them to a UV-laser beam.
The layers then harden solidifying into the layers that build up into the printed object hardening into the pre-programmed shape.
The machines bed is then lowered the depth of one layer at a time into the the resin reservoir. The next layer is then fixed in place by the laser sweeping over it, and the component grows by that amount.
FMD on the other hand uses different types of filament to build up layers using a nozzle system Further discussion of SLA v FDM 3d printer types can be found at our page on buying a 3d printer Click Here to visit the page….
Fine Precision 3d Prints
The Formlabs Form+ 3d printer has the capacity to print at a layer thickness of 25 – 50 – 100 – or 200 microns. This gives this Stereolithography (SLA) 3d printer the advantage of being able to print objects in very fine detail.
This attribute makes SLA Printers very useful where ever exacting faithfulness to design is required. Such as forming moulds for cosmetic product like jewellery or for cosmetic dentistry.
CES Innovation Award:
This printer also won the CES 2014 Innovation Award. The CES Innovation Awards are awarded annually for outstanding design in engineering with reference to technological consumer products. This a very prestigious award and is internationally recognised.
Comprehensive Customer Support:
Formlabs have a comprehensive support page at https://formlabs.com/support. Here there are links that lead to pages answering the questions Below.
- How do I orient my model?
- How do I clean my tank?
- When should I change my tank?
- How do you upload a print?
- Which layer height should I use?
- How do I post-cure my part?
They also offer a full one year warranty on all new machines. The company offer ticket support between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday EST and pride themselves on, excellent customer service.
They also say “We aim for fast replies and fast resolutions. We’ll be back to you within hours, not days. We’ve helped thousands of customers print successfully”
Formlabs also say that when you submit a ticket they have an expert who knows the machines inside out working on your case straight away.
It is also mentioned that the company is on a global footing. Having support offices in Boston & Berlin plus offering support in English, German, and French; as well as, having the ability to work with non-English speakers.
Formlab’s has an extended 3d printer 2 year warranty . They say this Pro Service Pan is “High-Touch Support For Professionals”The plan gives increased access to their expert support staff and they say minimises printing downtime.
The Pro Service Plan is a yearly subscription Plan & is available available in North America and Europe.
What Does The Package Include?
Formlabs Form 1+ Complete Package with Clear Resin SLA. Includes the Stereolithography (SLA) 3d print its self. The finish kit which includes the following.
1. Rinse Station which Holds the rinse buckets, and has ﬂip lids for easy one-handed operation.
2. Rinse Buckets Two large buckets to be partially ﬁlled with isopropyl alcohol (IPA).
3. Rinse Basket Transfer parts from one bucket to the next with one hand. The basket can rest on the edge of the rinse bucket to allow your parts to drip.
4. Rinse Bottle Keep fresh IPA for rinsing prints and cleaning internal channels.
5. Finishing Tray Provides a catch-all workspace for resin or IPA drips, and a place to rest sticky parts and tools.
6. Tweezers Use to carefully remove unwanted cured material from the resin tank.
7. Scraper Can be used to remove parts from the build platform as well as carefully cleaning and inspecting the resin tank for cured material.
8. Removal Tool Use under the “quick release tabs” generated by PreForm to release the base of your parts from the build platform.
9. Jig Provides a place to secure the build platform as you work on removing your print. See the reverse side for more instructions on using the jig.
10. Flush Cutters Use to carefully remove support tips from your prints.11. Disposable Nitrile Gloves Wear gloves when removing and ﬁnishing your prints.
What are customers saying about the Formlabs Form 1+ Complete Package?
Some Pros & Con’s of the 3d Printer Follow
– The SLA print quality is equivalent to that achieved with far more expensive machines.
– The printer’s Software is both easy to understand and send to printer.
– The machine is robust, long lasting and great value for money.
Unlike the Form 2 there is no dust protection meaning that you may need to wipe it down from time to time with a lint free cloth . The Printer Should be kept in clean environment.
Resin can be a little messy if you are disorganised. If you follow the instructions for cleaning and finishing end product all will be swell.
Having got this far we are sure that you will want to CHECK OUT THE Formlabs Form 1+ Complete Package with Clear ResinBY CLICKING RIGHT HERE……...
Check out the Formlabs Form 1+ Complete Package HERE!